About the Doconchain utility token
Doconchain and the WFH (Work From Home) industry
Why is Doconchain launching a token and a token economy for its decentralized network for freelancers and creators?
The pandemic acted as a strong accelerator for remote work and new web3 models, like ‘Play-to-earn’ in the gaming industry. The ‘contribute-to-earn’ model, adopted by Doconchain and associated to a token economy, is on the way to reinvent the Gig economy while providing a new generation of tools for remote workers.
As more people move their businesses online or adopt online solutions to increase their incomes, an entire digital economy can be developed under the web3, which is blockchain-and-NFT-managed, to secure the exchange of ‘things of value’. The Doconchain business model takes advantage of these technologies to build its network economy.
Doconchain is one of the pioneers of the decentralized talent network, which provides solutions and tools to independent freelancers (DOC Paperless) and creators (DOC Copyright NFT) and, with the coming DOC Gig marketplace, connects skilled, tech-savvy workers to companies in need of their talents.
Doconchain is also moving the governance of the decentralized talent network to a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) which will enable the community to influence the decision regarding the network’s evolution and its token usage via voting rights (provided to token holders).
Launching a utility token was on the roadmap from day one but we wanted to do it at the right time. Our aim was to first create the solutions we wanted to offer and then build a community of early adopters.
This way, once the token is launched, it can already be fully utilized as it will allow us to introduce the next layer of solutions around the upcoming DOC Gig marketplace. To learn more about our roadmap, check out the company’s white paper on Doktok.app.
A decentralized Gig marketplace
With our DOC Gig marketplace, we aim to redesign the Gig economy by taking advantage of web3 technologies. Here are some ways we plan on achieving this goal:
1. Introduce a new generation of Gigs represented by original creative works (the Assets) such as video, design, music, technical codes and content that can be sold through the transfer of a copyright NFT. We will also be introducing more service categories associated to the web3 economy.
2. Offer a new model of premium plans that gives users access to the DOC Paperless tools (video meeting, messaging, NFT managed e-signatures and Document passport) and DOC copyright NFT solutions. Each premium plan can accommodate 4 slots that can be used for different gig categories or to onboard scholars (other freelancers or creators).
3. Create a token economy that facilitates international collaborations and transactions while enabling the platform to onboard skilled, unbanked freelancers.
4. Operate on a new transaction model between Gig buyers and sellers where freelancers get 99% of the gig proceeds, unlike actual web2 marketplaces that take 20% to 40% of talents’ earnings, before additional bank fees on transfers. Buyers only need to pay a 5% tax and, by cutting out the unnecessary middlemen, we will save them 40% to 50% on the traditional cost of working with freelancers.
5. Introduce a Gig Pro solution to allow Fortune 1000 enterprises to recruit freelance project managers and talents to complete a project while benefiting from the security and transparency of Doconchain solutions and tools to prepare, manage, sign and execute gig deals.
Layer 1 Products and Solutions: We already provide blockchain-and-NFT-managed solutions and tools to thousands of independent freelancers and creators, allowing them to work remotely and provide their services while boosting their business.
A Rewards Program to Increase Income: Doconchain rewards its community and contributors with credits that can be converted to its native token. Anyone can join and start growing their income by participating in daily social tasks, bounty campaigns, and by using the referral program to invite connections to join their Doconchain network. Rewards are paid dynamically based on the user’s contributions to the network.
A Gig Marketplace That Takes (only) 1% in Talent Fees!: The upcoming Gig marketplace allows its users to connect through a secure peer-2-peer relation on the network and take advantage of Doconchain’s solutions and tools to prepare and sign deals and execute their gigs, all while benefiting from the token economy to optimize their earnings.
This platform is built on an estimated $10 billion TAM market and will redistribute a large part of the profits to the community through the token economy and DAO management.
The DOK Token
After studying different solutions and platforms that have created a utility token and taking advice from teams who have successfully launched their own tokens, we decided to create the DOK Token on the Binance Smart Chain (BEP20 Standard Token). We plan on doing a pre-sale and a public sale on the PancakeSwap Decentralized Platform.
The maximum supply minted for the DOK token will be 1 billion tokens in aggregate. Distribution of the supply will occur in multiple phases, which will be scheduled on different dates. In other words, we will control the supply in circulation. The initial supply will be under 200 million tokens and a portion of these tokens (around 40 million) will be sold to the community in successive phases, starting with a Genesis pre-sale and ending with our first public sale.
The objective of the pre-sale is twofold: firstly, to reward the early adopters of the Doconchain network, investors, and community supporters and, secondly, to fuel a liquidity pool which is an important step in the token launch process.
Community members and other buyers may register on a whitelist (through our whitelist bot) to purchase DOK tokens under their preferred pre-sale option.
The options’ final details and timeline will be disclosed in the coming days.